How To Plan a Dream Wedding? Where do you start? It’s an exciting, but scary task. Take a look at this month-by-month Wedding Planning Checklist, compliments of the wedding team at The Coeur d’Alene Resort. For everything from when to write your wedding vows, to when to have a healthy breakfast, it’s all here.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget our very best tip – Remember to leave time for fun and good memories, too!
Wedding Planning Guide
- Meet with Coeur d Alene Wedding Department to obtain key information regarding hosting your wedding at one of our beautiful venues
- Announce your engagement
- Choose a wedding theme and budget
- Work out a budget
- Determine the number of guests
- Research Wedding Professionals – Quicksilver photography, Lakeside Floral, videographers, bands or DJ services
- Select a wedding Planner to discuss wedding planning details – We offer a full directory of Planners
- Determine the theme and decorations for your reception
- Meet with the Coeur d’Alene Resort Planner to discuss the menu for your special day.
- Reserve the musicians for the reception
- Determine the ceremony musicians and make musical selections
- Book your photographer and make a list of photos, such as, “must have” pictures of the bride and the groom, traditional bride and groom photos and ceremony and reception photos
- Research and confirm the florist
- Choose your wedding attendants and ask them to be part of your special day
- Meet with your officiate to discuss the ceremony
- Determine your honeymoon budget
- Mail the save the dates
10 months - Select and order your bridal gown
- Register for wedding gifts
- Meet with Coeur d’Alene Resort Wedding Department to select food and beverage to be served at the reception.
- Select your headpiece veil and shoes
- Confirm the delivery dates for your wedding attire.
- Research airline hotel and rental car reservations for out of town guests - Set aside a room block at the hotel
- Gown fitting, invite your maid of honor to attend
- Choose and order Bridesmaids dresses and accessories
- Call the Coeur d’Alene Resort Spa and schedule time to have a trial run of hair and makeup
- Attire for best man and groomsmen
- Select the attire for the flower girl and ring bearer
- Order stationary
- Determine order of the ceremony
- Create hotel information cards and maps to include with wedding invitations
- Approve wedding invitations and stationary
- Discuss the honeymoon
- Wedding cake tasting, place the order, and set the delivery
- Secure Reservations at any one of the Coeur d Alene Resort restaurants for the rehearsal dinner
- Hand-address the wedding invites
- Write your wedding vows
- Purchase and rent the grooms attire
- Place all final deposits
- Approve wedding announcement
- Secure reservations for the post wedding brunch
- Discuss the bachelorette party plans at Splash – dancing and fun!
- Plan the Bridesmaids luncheon at Beverly’s!
- Purchase wedding party members gifts, and gifts for the parents
- Mail invitations
- Go to final gown fitting and arrange for pickup and delivery
- Have grooms formalwear fitted
- Arrange transportation with The Coeur d’Alene Resort Transportation Department to pick up guests at the airport.
- Check Reservations for post wedding brunch at Dockside Restaurant
- Send rehearsal dinner invites
- Write thank you notes as you receive gifts
- Confirm music selections
- Write newspaper announcement
- Purchase gift for spouse to be
- Purchase honeymoon clothing and luggage
- Make an appointment with the Coeur d Alene Resort Spa to have your hair colored, schedule the appointment to have a manicure and pedicure the day before the wedding.
- Confirm floral order and arrange delivery times
- Meet with ushers and assign duties for the ceremony and reception
- Discuss details of wedding ceremony with officiate
- Seating arrangements for guests
- Finalize honeymoon arrangements
- Arrange for transportation from the Coeur d’Alene Resort for airport pick ups
- Finalize a list of reception guests
- Final guest count to The Coeur d’Alene Resort Wedding Planner
- Contact anyone who has not responded
- Confirm all honeymoon arrangements
- Pick up wedding dress
- Eat a healthy breakfast at Dockside at the Coeur d’Alene Resort
- Enjoy a relaxing hair and makeup appointment at the Coeur d Alene Resort Spa
- Enjoy the Day and let the Coeur d Alene Resort take care of you and your family!