The Trends of 2014
Weddings are softer, sweeter, lusher and more heartfelt in 2014. Classic traditions and colors are melting hearts and making memories.
- Pink is back. This includes nudes, blushes, and peaches.
- Return to Romance. Candlesticks and gold-rimmed plates inspired by Old Hollywood and the Great Gatsby. Think champagne bubbly!
- Pattern is back – chevron is out. Think bold stripes and floral.
- The flower of the year is the “Peony”. That’s the sweet smelling garden rose that changes color depending on the season.
- Flower and fern garlands are back. Most common staging areas are in bars and doorways.
- Custom invites with freehand illustrations are all the rage. These are smaller than the normal 5×7 index size, and speak volumes about your creativity.
- Spicy food will make your wedding menu sizzle! Sriracha and chili oil will do the trick. There may be a Sriracha shortage soon, so buy up!
- Cater your food family style. Not only is it interactive and fun, but also economical.
- The shinier the cake, the better! Glitter on the top tiers, maybe a disco ball; a little sparkle here and there won’t hurt.
- Remember, flavor is driven by the season. Lemon, praline, and mocha…
- Make sure your music fits your theme.
- Favors are always appreciated, but even more so when the person can actually use it. Welcome favors can be customized by you to show the area if it is a destination wedding… from items/ foods that originated in that area to milk and cookies upon check-in…