Girlfriends Getaway at Coeur d’Alene – The Coeur d’Alene Resort
When it’s finally your weekend to reunite with girlfriends, it’s important to choose a destination that has something for everyone. Tucked away among the pines and nestled up against the waterfront of Lake Coeur d’Alene, The Coeur d’Alene Resort has all the ingredients of a successful “gal pal” getaway. Delight in a little splash of active adventure in nature, a generous portion of relaxation, a big dose of luxurious comfort, and of course, a dash of retail therapy. Whether you’re reuniting with your lifetime friends or playing host to female family members, consider this long weekend itinerary a local’s guide to some of the best kept secrets in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Read on for your guide to the weekend, mapped out to be within walking distance from The Resort, complete with recommendations.
Friday: Cheers to Friendship Afternoon Welcome to beautiful Coeur d’Alene, Idaho! After you’ve reunited with your BFFs, get settled into your Lake Tower Suite at The Coeur d’Alene Resort. Test out the comfy mattress (you won’t be disappointed), inhale the aroma of fresh mountain pines, and get ready for the perfect start to your Coeur d’Alene getaway. Evening
- Happy hour: Toast to vacation at the Resort’s own Lakeview Lounge. (Pro tip: Arrive by 4:20 p.m. to snag a window spot with a lake view. Happy hour drinks start pourin’ and bake brie is served starting at 4:30 p.m.)
- Dinner and live music: Seasons of CDA. (Dinner recommendation: mahi fish tacos.)
- Cocktails and dessert: Honey Social Club. (Dessert recommendation: Idaho potato doughnuts with huckleberries.)
Saturday: Equal Parts Adventure and Relaxation Morning You’ve got plenty of options to make the most of your special weekend together. The path you choose this morning depends on the vaca vibe you want, but no matter what, your group is bound to create lifetime memories. Choose from three equally-adventurous morning options:
- Fore-sure! Go for a round of Golf at the famed Coeur d’Alene Resort Golf Course. This option gives you the best of all worlds: a five-star golf experience and an epic boat ride. The Coeur d’Alene Resort guests have the option of taking a complimentary water taxi to The Resort Golf Course via a Stancraft wooden boat. It’s a very Grace Kelly experience. Following your 9- or 18-hole round, enjoy a delicious lunch on the lakeview patio of the Floating Green Restaurant. (Lunch recommendation: steakhouse salad.)
- Fitness fun. If your group isn’t made up of golfers, start your morning with an Instagram-worthy hike on Tubbs Hill. To get to the trail head, take a stroll from The Resort through the city’s beautiful lakeside McEuen Park. Reward yourselves for this calorie-burning vacation choice with lunch at Collective Kitchen. (Lunch recommendation: chicken wrap with sweet potato fries.)
- We’ll take the scenic route. There’s no better way to experience the lake than a Lake Coeur d’Alene Cruise. You’ll pass by celebrity homes, breathtaking mountain views, and the majestic wildlife northern Idaho is known for. Debrief your cruise memories with lunch at Dockside, conveniently located inside The Resort. (Lunch recommendation: sesame ahi tuna, followed by a Gooey. I repeat: order the Gooey.)
AfternoonAfter your busy morning, it’s time to relax at the Coeur d’Alene Resort Spa. Let’s just say there’s a reason this spa has won international awards for their treatments, ambience, and service–but don’t take my word for it. Treat yourself and your best gals to an afternoon of pampering. Change into your luxuriously comfortable Resort robes, then sip from a cup of tranquility in the Fireside Lounge. Spa guests can choose from complimentary wine, champagne, coffee, or tea and order select bistro fare directly to the lounge. Girlfriend groups of 3 enjoy side-by-side mani-pedis with a lake view. It is vacation after all, so why not customize additional spa services for your group? Select the Relax and Renew Package, which perfectly captures the essence of a long weekend getaway.
- Wine tasting at Beverly’s. After your spa visit, the relaxation continues with a complimentary wine tasting on the 7th Floor. Daily tours depart from Beverly’s promptly at 4:30 p.m. The Resort’s friendly, knowledgeable sommelier will be your personal tour guide, leading you down a spiral staircase and into a secret wine cellar that boasts one of the Northwest’s largest wine collections.
- Dinner at Cedars Floating Restaurant. Head to the Resort lobby for complimentary transportation to Cedars. Enjoy the sunset from panoramic windows as you dine (quite literally) on the water. (Dinner recommendation: cedar-planked salmon.)
Sunday: Retail Therapy We all know that mapping out a shopping trail is just as important as mapping out a hiking trail. When you hit the town to go shopping in Coeur d’Alene, you have two great “walk, talk, and shop” route options within walking distance from The Resort. Order breakfast room service for fuel, then set out around 10 a.m. to exercise your shopping muscles. Downtown Walk, Talk, and Shop Map From the front entrance of the Resort, hang a right on Sherman Avenue, and you’ll land in downtown shopping mecca. This historic street will give you a great feel for what Coeur d’Alene is all about. Start on the east side, and work your way back. 1. Bakery by the Lake (Drink recommendation: oat milk vanilla latte.)
- Mix it Up
- Fabrica Vida
- Lucky Monkey
- T Blue
- Marmalade Fresh Clothing
- Woops Bakery (Recommendation: snag an extra gift box of macarons to take home to your loved ones. Confession: a gift box has never made it home to my loved ones.)
Midtown Walk, Talk, and Shop Map You’ll certainly get your steps in along this Midtown CDA shopping route, but the mileage is well worth it for the treasures you’ll find. Known for its thrift, consignment, and home goods boutiques, North 4th Street in Coeur d’Alene is your one-stop-shop for deals of the century.
- White Pine at 814 Drink recommendation: mocha de muerte.)
- Midtown Home and Vintage Market
- Lovely Chaos
- Beau Monde Luxe
- Midtown Bluebird (Lunch recommendation: Greek salad.) Afternoon