This highly-coveted Pistachio Salad recipe has graced Dockside’s 18-foot salad bar for decades and has been a favorite among Dockside patrons, and to make it even more special it’s a family recipe from our Executive Chef, Rod Jessick.
Chef Jessick’s mother always made her special Pistachio Salad for Easter Sunday. It was always a favorite of everyone’s in the family: not only was it a delicious salad, but also a light dessert and exquisite treat.
The secret recipe has officially been released:
The Jessick Family’s Secret Pistachio Salad Recipe
- One Cup -1.25 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 pkg. (3.4oz) Pistachio flavored Pudding mix (Jello Brand)
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple (drained VERY well!)
- 3/4 – 1 cup chopped nuts (on special occasions we would add chopped pistachios) Pecans or walnut chopped will work as well.
- 1-2 cups Cool Whip thawed
Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl mixed well. Fold in the cool whip. Allow it to refrigerate at least one hour.
Garnish bowl with Slices of Fresh Pineapple around the edge and sprinkle with additional nuts.
To this day it is truly a family treat! What culinary traditions does your family have?