Top 10 Summer Activities This Summer – The Coeur d’Alene Resort
Posted on: August 6, 2018
Summer in Coeur d’Alene is unlike any other destination. Lake Coeur d’Alene is the obvious focal point and activities on the lake are highly anticipated all year. The natural beauty of Northern Idaho combined with the lively downtown shops and restaurants makes for an unforgettable trip. The beautiful Coeur d’Alene Resort, on the edge of the lake, is the ideal spot to experience all that the lake, nature and downtown scene have to offer. Whether you’ve never been to Coeur d’Alene before — welcome! — or you’re a returning fan, there are some activities that will make your Resort stay a world-class experience.
- Dockside Gooey’s. Dockside Restaurant is located on the lobby level of The Resort and serves up humongous ice cream sundae desserts called Gooey’s. Over 1-pound of ice cream happiness! These shareable confections come in a variety of flavors like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, Royal Cheesecake and Chocolate Obsession. Dockside has gorgeous marina views and is the perfect spot to watch the sunset with a sweet treat! Gooey’s are a must-try dessert during your stay. See the full menu HERE.
- The iconic Floating Green. Whether you’re a golf enthusiast or just a curious Guest, you have to check out the Floating Green at The Coeur d’Alene Resort Golf Course. It’s one of the only floating greens in the world and can be moved around to change the distance and challenge golfers. Play the iconic course, swing by the Pro Shop to pick up a shirt, ball marker, or commemorative souvenir with the Floating Green logo or dine at the Floating Green Restaurant– all with beautiful lake views! Plan your tee time HERE.
- Ride the Wooden Eagle Boats. Enjoy a complimentary ride in one of our beautiful wooden boats over to The Coeur d’Alene Resort Golf Course. The boats underwent an extensive remodel and face lift this past winter and are as impressive as ever! This fun ride takes approximately seven minutes; with boats departing ever half hour, there’s no excuse for not experiencing luxurious lake transportation!
- The Golf Course Infinity Pool. Nestled on the edge of Lake Coeur d’Alene, The Resort’s Infinity Pool is the ultimate place to relax. If you can, snag a seat in front of the pool – the infinity effect makes it appear as if the pool and lake are connected! Order some delicious lunch or a Paloma from the pool bar if you’re in need of a refreshing drink – you can even sip while swimming!
- Walk the Floating Boardwalk. This ¾ mile stroll outlines the perimeter of the marina and offers up gorgeous views of the lake, Resort and beach. Stop at The Boardwalk Bar on your way and pick up a cold beverage – you can tell your friends you walked on the world’s longest Floating Boardwalk with a drink in your hand! Dogs are welcome on the boardwalk as well; if your furry friend accompanied you to Coeur d’Alene, then be sure to bring them to the Floating Boardwalk for a unique walk! Find out what The Boardwalk Bar is pouring HERE.
- Stop by The Coeur d’Alene Resort Spa to get your toes all ready for flip flops and sandals! Spa offers a variety of pedicures to treat your toes to! Sit back and relax in the pedicure room, complete with picturesque windows facing the lake, while your feet get pampered with top-of-the-line products and locally made scrubs. Book your appointment HERE.
- Stand Up Paddle Boards. Explore all the inlets and shoreline of Tubbs Hill – while getting a great upper-body workout in! Stand-up paddle boards can be rented from the Boardwalk Marina in front of The Resort. Lake Coeur d’Alene is the perfect place to perfect your paddle boarding skills – or maybe discover them! The lake water is warm and refreshing so don’t worry about falling in! Schedule your rental HERE.
- The Coeur d’Alene Wednesday Farmers Market. This is a fun way to experience local fare and the spirit of Coeur d’Alene! Fresh produce, herbs, baked goods, and locally-made crafts fill the streets of downtown Coeur d’Alene every Wednesday in the summer. Walk through the booths, pick up a delicious snack, or take in the action from a park bench – just don’t miss out on the fun! This market is located just minutes from The Coeur d’Alene Resort along Sherman Avenue, the main strip of downtown.
- Lake Coeur d’Alene Cruises. A lake cruise is a must-do activity during your stay! There are a wide variety of cruises departing daily from The Coeur d’Alene Resort to satisfy your craving for adventure and lake fun. All cruises are child-friendly and offer a full no-host bar – because the best way to experience Lake Coeur d’Alene is with a cocktail in-hand! Check out all the cruise offerings HERE.
- For an unmatched dining experience, head over to The Cedars Floating Restaurant. This 600,000 pound restaurant floats on Lake Coeur d’Alene and cooks up delicious seafood and steaks. Check out the famous signature Salad Bar for fresh veggies, crunchy toppings and huckleberry dressing. With delicious food, an array of summer cocktails, and unbeatable views of Lake Coeur d’Alene, The Cedars is the quintessential Idaho dining experience! See the full menu HERE.
There’s so much to discover during your stay in Coeur d’Alene! No matter what you decide to explore one thing’s for sure: the best summer #cdamemories are made on the edge (or in!) Lake Coeur d’Alene. Check out all the fabulous room packages the newly-renovated Coeur d’Alene Resort offers and book your summer escape HERE.